Full Time Wait Staff ~ City Wine Shop
Are you a front of house professional who enjoys working with great wine, cheese and amazing food? We are looking for someone who has chosen front of house as their profession and wants to make a long term commitment to developing their skills – this role would be ideal for someone wanting to take their wine knowledge to the next level.
The role is full-time front of house working a mixed roster of days and nights in our busy Wine Shop. We’re open 7 days from morning to late, serving a continental style breakfast at the bar, a simple blackboard menu for lunch & dinner paired with our thoughtfully chosen mix of over 20 wine options by the glass. To complement this, we also have a regularly changing cheese selection matured on site at our sister business, the Spring Street Grocer. And there is literally a wall of wine featuring a selection of some of the great producers and the new talents from both local regions of Australia and the key regions in the old world.
If the following points describe your skills and personality, we’d love to hear from you:
• Able to work early morning shifts and late nights across a 7 day roster
• Patient, polite, responsible and respectful in the way you deal with all your guests and colleagues
• Have an eye for detail and enjoy doing things properly
• An ongoing commitment to improving your product knowledge – we provide training and expect you to be familiar with our extensive menu offering, daily specials and imported cheese which we mature in house – and our by the glass offering.
• Attention to detail with basic food handling – you will be cooking, cutting and plating some elements of our breakfasts, wine food and cheeses.
• Are physically fit and able to walk the floor for a busy shift – typically you will be serving guests at table through your entire rostered shift
• Wine knowledge is preferred but not essential, as we operate an extensive in house wine service and education programme.
• Excellent English language skills
• Current Victoria RSA certificate
• Applicants must be Aust/NZ citizens, permanent residents or hold an appropriate work visa
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work with an extensive wine wall built from the great regions of the world and a dynamic by the glass offering
• Access to our extensive wine training programme, often including visiting local producers and international winemakers as well as in house WSET Level 2 & 3 courses
• Cheese training from our staff at the Spring Street Grocer
• 5 day roster, 2 straight days off
• No split shifts
To apply, please forward your CV attention to Kayleen firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted regarding their application.